Monday, January 27, 2014

It's been a while/ DVD and Video game organization

I am officially done reorganizing DVDs, adult and children, and video games! It really did take this long, but that's not why I did not post for so long. Finding out your pregnant in the middle of organization projects and dealing with the subsequent first trimester energy drain and morning sickness all took its toll on blogging abilities and inspiration, especially when you're not telling anyone you're not pregnant until your first trimester is over. Now enough about that- onto organization!

In one of my older posts {DVD/Blu-ray organization}, you can see I had started my reorganization endeavors with a very large DVD case. I am happy to report back that it is now EMPTY.

All of our movies and games are being temporarily stacked near our fireplace.


  I've already explained that the DVDs and Blu-rays are now being put into Atlantic DVD sleeves, and the video games are in these sleeves, which I then put into these Avery Binders. The binders hold about 18-20 video games each, depending on the thickness of the instruction booklet. We included the instruction booklet, which is why we chose the sleeves we did rather than just a standard CD case. So our games look like this: 




The last aspect of the re-org was our children's movies. The Atlantic DVD sleeves seemed a bit to fragile for little hands, so I went with this Artisan 240 Disc Album. The nice thing is that there is room for two discs per page, and if you need to include a third disc, we just slipped ours in front of the cover art. 




Now I just need to come up with a new permanent spot for everything! Whew! Glad to be mostly done with this project though.




1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Love this idea - totally taking it. My video game collection is getting a little bit out of hand, and I'm sick of seeing all the boxes...

    ReplyDelete