Thursday, January 8, 2015

Get your Zen on!

Over Christmas, my husband bought me a wonderful book on Zentangling. In case you are wondering what that is, let me tell you! According to WikiHow, Zentangle was intended to make the act of drawing pleasurable, meditative and accessible to all. There are a lot of variations, and it has evolved since someone first thought of it, but essentially, it's fancy doodling, and it is actually quite relaxing.

Here is my first "official" zentangle after learning some tricks of the trade:
I started off using pencils because my ballpoint pens were not cutting it, but then, I decided to invest in Sakura Micron pens, and it changed my Zentangle life. The rest was done with these new fancy pens, and I found that everything looked sharper and much improved.

So if you are looking for a new hobby, I recommend trying some Zentangle art!

No comments:

Post a Comment