Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Broom Closet Project

 Every time I reorganize a space, I like to think about what needs to fit in the space, and how can I make it the most accessible and easy to use. I recently re-organized our broom closet (2 months ago). Originally we just had brooms/mops thrown in a corner, a trashcan with dog food sitting on the floor that we'd scoop out of, and a key rack, and miscellaneous pet supplies on a tiny shelf that is inside. It didn't really utilize the height of the space. As a result, we had to keep all our recyclables on a bag hanging on our side door. It was not a nice look. When I re-did the space, I decided I not only wanted to keep the dog food in there, but also add our cat food, and recyclables, and I needed our brooms to be easier to get to because they were constantly falling over and getting stuck.

This was our end result, and the top bin isn't even filled (we were using it for empty cans, but we decided to stop drinking soda):

The products:  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment