Monday, August 19, 2013

School is near!

I can't believe school is near, and basically, here. My stepson (who I will probably refer to as my son in most blog posts) starts on Wednesday! This summer has just flown by! He is our only child, and with our small house, I have been coming up with better ways to stay organized and help him store his things. I notice accessibility is key when it comes to putting toys in bins, and if I expect something to be cleaned, it's got to be easy enough for him to clean it up and put it away.

This summer I reorganized his entire room and closet, and I will have pictures to share later. For his backpack and jacket (we have a designated school jacket, since sometimes he likes to forget them at school, never to be found or heard of again), they hang up behind his door.


 Having them up off the floor helps them from becoming dust collectors, and we like not having them sit out in our dining room each night, which is where they previously sat. He's also finally tall enough to use a real desk, so we bought him one over the summer to begin using this school year. He's really excited to have it, and I am excited to have a space for all his crayons, papers, markers, coloring books, etc. Again, he hardly was able to use them before because it was so hard and made such a mess just to access!

We actually have to build the desk this week and get it all organized, which I am actually looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment