Saturday, February 15, 2014

Decluttering Inspiration

I have less than 7 weeks left before my baby furniture arrives and a house that needs a lot of decluttering and mission organization success.

A helpful idea I came across was 20/10s. It is where you spend 20 minutes cleaning/organizing and then 10 minutes doing whatever you want to do. But start small, maybe two sessions of 20/10s (an hour), the first day. You don't want to burn yourself out. This idea comes from Unfuck Your Habitat (sorry for the language, but a really inspiring tumblr of before and after pictures and a few tips here and there).

Here's a short post with 18 Five-Minute Decluttering tips. I do #16 a lot, and between finding new homes and organizing all the stuff, I make new messes to clean up, but I guess I am making some progress.

Luckily, I am not a hoarder and most of my house is relatively clean. The problem is in the midst of cleaning it always tends to look worse before it gets better (I should take pictures!). That's the stage we're at. And being pregnant doesn't give me an endless amount of energy to work with. Hopefully between 20/10s and putting away 5 random items when I have time, I can hopefully start to make bigger strides. Then I'll get back into how behind I am in scrapbooking... wait.. what? Back to baby steps! Step 1: 20/10s!

No comments:

Post a Comment