Thursday, February 20, 2014

Valentine's Day

This is a little late, but I thought I'd still share our Valentine festivities, which just included eating a yummy steak dinner, pigging out on sugar, and watching Game of Thrones and Dexter.

Jon got me flowers and a much needed gift certificate for a massage. It's weird what a bunch of extra weight in your uterus does to your back. Tulips are "our" special flowers. I actually have never particularly loved tulips, but when we were dating, Jon kept buying them for me, because I would say I loved them. One day, I finally confessed that I hated tulips, but I had received so many tulips at that point that whenever I see tulips, I think of my husband. So they're our special flower.

Jon made us some delicious steak for dinner! All the sides were my doing, but it definitely wasn't the highlight. The steak was fabulous! He cooked it well done per pregnancy rules, but next year we'll have to do medium rare. 



 Overall, we had a fun day, and we had the kind of Valentine's day that we needed: low key, intimate, at home, and quiet!







No comments:

Post a Comment