Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall Centerpiece

I originally envisioned something different. I pictured a long but narrow basket with some sort of fall leaves on the bottom with pumpkin and candles on top. But I couldn't find a basket that I liked so I decided to do something different, and I am really glad and pleased with what I did!

My mom happened to help me run all my centerpiece errands, and she took me to a pumpkin patch so we could get the perfect pumpkins and gourds. 


We got this mini garland from Pier 1 with a 20% off coupon :) I also got the candles there (not picture separately) and the sales clerk used the 20% off coupon on the $10.00 unscented candle. It may have been cheaper elsewhere, but my excitement overruled my sense of financial judgment.


This charger was $1.99 from Michael's. The flash made it look worse than it is, but it doesn't really matter since you hardly see it anyway.


And the final product! So proud! 

Overhead view of my centerpiece! 

I am so happy with how it turned out. I've never attempted something like this before and a lot of googling and pinteresting took place to get the creative juices flowing. :)

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment